23rd Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský International Vocal Competition
19 – 25 May 2019
Organized by the City of Trnava and the Music Centre Slovakia
Conditions of the competition
1. The mission of the competition is searching for young talented performers of concert vocal art, stimulating their further artistic growth, promoting of concert vocal production – with attention to works by Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský and selecting of participants for the next international singing competitions.
The 1st category has three rounds; the competition repertoire is less demanding. Singers born after years: women – 1995 / men – 1993 can enrol in this category.
The 2nd category has three rounds with more demanding repertoire. Singers born after years: women – 1986 / men – 1984 can enrol in this category.
2. Laureates (1st place) of the international singing competitions within the years 2014 – 2019 are not obliged to take part in the 1st round of the competition but are promoted directly to the 2nd round – the same registration fee still applies. It this instance a copy of the prize winnig diploma should be sent together with the application of admission.
3. The application forms need to be sent, along with proof of registration payment, to the address below. The registration fee for the 1st category is 50 EUR and for the 2nd category is 75 EUR. The registration fee is irreversible.
Payment documents have to be sent electronically to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address of the competition:
815 36 Bratislava, Slovakia
Phone: +421 220470200, +421 910904423
The registration fee should be sent to this account number:
810 05 Bratislava 15
IBAN: SK62 8180 0000 0070 0006 9149
5. Songs in each round of both categories of the competition are at the choice of the competitor within the areas specifed.
6. Transposition of arias is not allowed. Songs may be performed only in the transpositions issued for a competent voice range. The songs of Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský may be transposed only for deep voice ranges, according to the published original.
7. The competitors are not allowed in any round to repeat a song they have already performed at the competition.
8. The competition repertoire has to be performed in the original language.
9. All songs have to be performed by memory (except arias from oratorios, cantatas or masses).
10. Men and women will be judged separately for each category. The Jury has the right to consolidate the prizes and divide them to equal shares or to not award some of the prizes if the standard is not reached (the first prize is indivisible).
11. The decisions of the Jury is final.
12. The competition is open to public audience.
13. If a competitor does not have an accompanist, he/she can ask the organizer for piano accompaniment.
14. The organizer of the competition can book hotel accommodation for the competitors and accompanist on request.
15. The competition results will be announced at the award ceremony which takes place during the final Laureates' concert on the 25th May 2019.
16. The competitors agree with the eventual public audio or video recording without any claim to commission.
17. Further information or music scores will be sent directly to competitors on request.
1st prize ........................ 2 000 €
2nd prize ....................... 1 500 €
3rd prize ........................ 1 000 €
1st prize ........................ 3 000 €
2nd prize ....................... 2 000 €
3rd prize ........................ 1 500 €
* City of Trnava Mayor Award for a young talent up to 21 years
* City of Trnava Award for the best piano collaboration
* Chairman of the Trnava Self-governing Region Award
* Dr. Janko Blaho Award for a promising tenor
* Award of the Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský Society for the best performance of Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský’s song
* The Music Centre Slovakia – Théâtre Lyrichorégra 20 – Jeunes Ambassadeurs Lyriques Award
* Sharon Resch Award – an invitation to a competition in the U.S.A. in 2019
* Award of the Filharmonia Podkarpacka Rzeszów – a concert in the concert-saison 2020-2021
* Theatres awards – awards for the finalists of the competition (an offer of a guest appearance or an audition in the given theatre) on the basis of the selection of the theatres’ representatives or the jury recommendation:
Opera of the Slovak National Theatre Bratislava
State Opera Banská Bystrica
Opera of the Košice State Theatre
The National Theatre Prague
South Bohemian Theatre České Budějovice
North Bohemian Theatre Ústí nad Labem
The International Jury
Michael Barobeck (Austria)
Wiktor Bockman (Switzerland)
Toril Carlsen (Norway)
Peter Dvorský (Slovakia)
Dana Luknišová (Italy)
Alain Nonat (Canada)
Tadeusz Pszonka (Poland)
Tatiana Smelkova (Russia)
Chairwoman of the Jury: Eva Blahová (Slovakia)
Xénia Maskalíková (Slovakia)
Róbert Pechanec (Slovakia)